The Georgia Chapter Board of Officers has placed a renewed focus on the Regional Ambassador Program. The Board recognizes the Regional Ambassadors and this program as a vital part of our Chapter’s succes and future growth.
The Regional Ambassadors have established the following mission statement and goals.
The mission statement is:
The program’s goals are:
- to establish an open line of communications between and among our membership and its Board of Officers;
- to facilitate the education of other public safety communications personnel with regards to APCO, International and its Georgia Chapter in terms of mission, purpose, and benefits;
- to recruit other public safety communications personnel to join APCO and take advantage of the training, networking, and services that we provide;
- to establish a sense of community among public safety communications personnel in an effort to share ideas, programs, and resources with each other; and
- to assist the chapter’s leadership with setting the organizations legislative agenda and establishing official positions on issues affecting emergency communications in Georgia.
There are currently eight (8) regions as listed below. Each region is assigned a Regional Ambassador to serve as a point of contact for membership and the Board of Officers.
Currently, the Regional Ambassadors in each region are:
Northwest: Linda Miller
Northeast: Amellia Baxter
Metro Atlanta: Emily Smith
West Central Georgia: VACANT
East Central: Laycee Silas
Southwest: Wahtiki Crawford
South Central Georgia: Monica Douglas
Southeast: Jodie Jernigan
For more information on the Regional Ambassador Program, please contact Corey King.